Friday, December 30, 2011

Happy New Year!

Fireworks sugar cookies to ring in the new year with your glass of bubbly.

I used little bits of leftover icing from my Christmas cookie decorating to make these guys. I think they'd work on just about any plain shape of cookie. You could even use a knife and cut out squares or rectangles if you don't have basic cookie cutter shapes.
I didn't even bother to outline the background, I just used flooding black royal icing, then with teeny-tiny holes cut in my bags of the other colors of royal icing, I made my fireworks and words.

You know... I just thought about another way to do this... use melted chocolate or Candy Melts! Do the background in dark chocolate. Use a tip #1 or just cut the tiny hole in a disposable bag and use colored candy melts for the fireworks. Man! I wish I'd have thought of this earlier. My Chocolate-Loving Husband would have really, really loved that! Next time, I guess!

The recipes I used:
Royal Icing Recipe
Vanilla Sugar Cookie Recipe

Enter your email address below to receive the latest recipes, tips and ideas in your email inbox:


Delivered by FeedBurner

And don't forget, if you shop at Amazon.com through my link, you support this blog and its contents. Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! These are fantastic, Beki. (I thought they -were- dark chocolate.) You could use a good tasting fondant marbled in deep sunset colors, too, for the background. The fireworks technique, just excellent.

    ReplyDelete

Please note that comments containing profanity or those that are spam will not be approved on this website.