Saturday, June 16, 2012

Thunder Cake with the Kids

We have a book, Thunder Cake. It's a kids' book all about how a little girl gets over her fear of thunder storms by baking this cake with her grandma.

My boys have wanted to bake a "Thunder Cake" ever since we got the book months ago. We finally had a chance to do it, with some friends this week.



The photos for this post are few and far between, because making anything with four 5-year-olds in the room pretty much means damage control at all times.... like when one of my own children turned on the Kitchen Aid, while I was scraping down the bowl, sending the spatula and batter flying. Thankfully, not damaging the mixer.

You can find the recipe for the cake on the book's website, here. I would share it, but really, it's pretty meaningless unless you read the story to go along with it. I will say, that if we make it again, I will have to alter the recipe, and add a little of "Old Kick Cow's" milk to the batter instead of the water. The cake was a little too crumbly for me.


The kids, of course, didn't seem to mind.

Click this link to buy Thunder Cake through my Amazon.com link.

Enter your email address below to receive the latest recipes, tips and ideas in your email inbox:


Delivered by FeedBurner

And don't forget, if you shop at Amazon.com through my link, you support this blog and its contents. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that comments containing profanity or those that are spam will not be approved on this website.