Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Tip for Tuesday - Don't throw that away!

If you've read much of this blog, you know that I'm a big fan of saving things, reusing things, repurposing things, etc. The same is true of my Candy Melts.

When I make cake pops, I almost never guess the right amount of Candy Melts for the number of pops that I'm making. That usually means I have a lot leftover.

So, when I'm finished dipping my pops, I simply spread the extra candy onto a piece of parchment paper.

When it's set, I break it into small pieces to reuse next time I make pops. Store it in a zipper bag, and melt them along with your new melts next time you make cake pops.

I recommend only reheating the melts once or twice. If you reheat them more than that they tend to start to get clumpy.
Doing this also helps me from my least-favorite cake pop cleanup chore-- dealing with Candy Melts that have hardened into the bottom of the mug. Ugh!

Click the Links Below to See:
Other Tip for Tuesday posts
Cake Pop ideas and tricks

Enter your email address below to receive the latest recipes, tips and ideas in your email inbox:


Delivered by FeedBurner

And don't forget, if you shop at Amazon.com through my link, you support this blog and its contents. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that comments containing profanity or those that are spam will not be approved on this website.