Monday, June 10, 2013

Donuts for Dads Week

This week on the blog, I'm going to feature a number of different homemade doughnut (or donut) recipes... as well as some tricks and tips to make many flavors quickly and easily.

Now, I admit that I am a raised or yeast donut girl at the donut store, but those are so putsy to make, and in the morning, for breakfast, I do not want to have to do that much work. So, I will be focusing on cake donuts. They're easier, faster, and don't always have to be fried!

I'm going to start with what you need to get started: the pans and donut makers.



Quickest and Easiest, of course are the waffle-iron-like donut makers. I bought the one you see in this photo at my Aldi grocery store for $15. It makes seven mini-donuts at a time. And it only takes about 2 minutes per batch.
It's not perfect,the donuts do not cook very evenly, but I like it because it was so cheap, and the donuts are small.
I can't find the exact same one online, but this one is similar.

The Sunbeam brand donut maker is the one you probably see most often in stores. You can also buy it online here. I like this one. (I borrowed this one from a friend.)
The donuts take about 4-6 minutes each, but they cook up more round than the mini one, and they're a little more evenly cooked than in my cheapie one.

I have been surprised that I love these Wilton donut pans. I really think they're about my favorite. The downside would be that you have to heat up the oven. But they cook faster than I expected, only about 5-7 minutes. And they turn out pretty round.
You can, of course, Buy it online here, but you can also find these at a lot of craft stores (JoAnn, Michaels). I have also seen them at Bed, Bath and Beyond.
I recommend buying two of them. That will make you a dozen at a time.

Now, the one pan I'm not wild about is this Wilton mini pan. I keep trying, but I just can't put little enough batter in it to make them look like donuts. Pretty much every time, I overfill them, and they turn out like mini bundt cakes. Not that anyone in this house has turned them down because of that!

So, coming up this week, you'll see recipes for many different donut combinations from Maple Bacon Peanut Butter Cup to Chili-Chocolate to my favorite healthy weekday donuts that the boys love, and that are actually good for them!

And this is all leading up to me and this guy going to visit Fox 9 this Saturday (June 15) to make "Donuts for Dads" in honor of Father's Day. If you want to watch us, we should be on around 8:45am Central Time. You can also live stream it from the Fox 9 Website.

Click the Links Below to See:
Healthy Homemade Donut Recipe
Easy Donut Recipes from Cake Mix (many flavor ideas)
Best Donut Frosting and Glaze Recipes
(Coming Soon!) Crazy Chocolate Donut Concoctions

Enter your email address below to receive the latest recipes, tips and ideas in your email inbox:


Delivered by FeedBurner

And don't forget, if you shop at Amazon.com through my link, you support this blog and its contents. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that comments containing profanity or those that are spam will not be approved on this website.