Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Super Bowl Dessert Ideas

I wish I'd prepared a big spread of Super Bowl Desserts for you today. Well, I kind of have... in a roundabout way. .

These guys are not too hard to make. All you need is cake, icing, chocolate and a little white chocolate.
You'll just have to pretend that the background has your favorite team's jerseys... instead of mine.

Take the cake pops off of their sticks and put them on cupcakes or cakes covered in grass, and you've got yourself a football field. (Click this link to my Grass, Bees & Ladybugs cupcakes to learn how to make the grass-covered cupcakes.)

You could also make some cookies or cake/cupcake decorations out of the team's logos using royal icing, like I did (with other drawings) in this tutorial.

And don't fret if you don't have the right cookie cutter, you can make your own cutters by following this tutorial.

Or there's always simple, like my New Year's Eve cookies. You could do something along these lines. They were REALLY easy to make. And fireworks are appropriate for a Super Bowl party, I think??

Sorry I didn't get a chance to whip up some fresh treats for you. I went on a trip with the family, and re-entry back home has been a bit rough. I have plans for two or three more fun ideas coming up, though, I promise. So, stay tuned!

Do you have a treat you just have to serve at your Super Bowl get together? Tell me about it  - or link to it in the comments section below!

Enter your email address below to receive the latest recipes, tips and ideas in your email inbox:


Delivered by FeedBurner

And don't forget, if you shop at Amazon.com through my link, you support this blog and its contents. Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. The football cakepops are a brilliant idea - they work so well.

    ReplyDelete

Please note that comments containing profanity or those that are spam will not be approved on this website.