Friday, December 21, 2012

Easy Christmas Cupcake Ideas

When you have to make teacher gifts, gingerbread houses for two Kindergarten classes, and you've signed up to bring treats for the teacher luncheon... that's when your kid gets sick with a fever for three days. So, simple is the name of the game for me this holiday season.
These cupcake ideas are as simple as it gets.

What You Need:
Cupcakes (I used 10 standard and 9 minis in the tree, and  22 minis for the wreath)
Icing (I used Creamy Vanilla Buttercream, but any icing would be great, even canned frosting!)
Green Sugar Sprinkles
Yellow Sugar Sprinkles
Brown Sugar Sprinkles (or use cocoa mix)
Optional:
Red fondant (or red Tootsie Rolls or Starburst) for the bow
Sprinkles or other decorations  (not seen here)

I always use any leftover batter when I'm baking to make cupcakes, and store them in the freezer. That's what was going on here. I had these from some projects I worked on the last two weeks.

So, I just needed to defrost the cupcakes, make the icing, and get two cake boards covered with festive paper.

To ice the cupcakes, I used a Tip #1A, just because I find anything easier than spreading icing on a cupcake with a spatula.

I did, however, spread the icing a little to eliminate the lines before dipping them in the sprinkles.

 
To dip the cupcakes, pour the sprinkles on to a paper plate, and roll the cupcake a little to get the edges.

To get them looking more even, I used my (clean) finger to help smoosh and smash the sprinkle-coated icing into the right places.

Then, just arrange the cupcakes on the cake board.
If you have a little more time, you can use icing and sprinkles to decorate the tree and the wreath. But I think these look good as they are. And they're EASY!

Click the Links Below to See:
Simple Christmas Tree Cupcakes/Cake (from last year)
Other Christmas Ideas
Other Cupcake Ideas

Enter your email address below to receive the latest recipes, tips and ideas in your email inbox:


Delivered by FeedBurner

And don't forget, if you shop at Amazon.com through my link, you support this blog and its contents. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that comments containing profanity or those that are spam will not be approved on this website.