Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Peanut Butter- Chocolate Chip Cookies {Recipe}

I've told you before that I'm not a big fan of traditional chocolate chip cookies. I know. I know. How un-American of me, but I'm just not. (Unless they're Sweet Martha's at the Fair.)
So, when my boys wanted some cookies to sell at their Lemonade Stand last weekend, I decided peanut butter chocolate chip would be the way to go.
These cookies are a little different because I used some ground oats in them to lighten up the texture and give them a nuttier flavor.

What You Need:
1 cup peanut butter (I prefer chunky)
1 cup butter (at room temperature)
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar (plus more for dusting)
2 eggs
1 Tbsp. vanilla
1-1/2 cup flour
1 cup oats (toasted and ground)
1-1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup mini chocolate chips

Yield: 2-3 dozen 3" cookies
Toast oats at 350-degrees for 5-7 minutes, or until fragrant. Let the oats cool, then grind them into a powder. (I use a coffee grinder. You can also use a blender or food processor.)
In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the ground oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.

In a mixing bowl, combine the butter, peanut butter and sugars.
Mix until light and fluffy (about 2-3 minutes).

Add the eggs and vanilla. Mix until well blended.

Add the flour mixture, one cup at a time. Mix on lowest possible speed, just until combined.
Add the chocolate chips.
Cover, and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour.

Preheat the oven to 350-degrees (F).
Using a large spoon or dough scoop, drop a Tablespoon-sized ball of dough into a bowl of granulated sugar.

Coat the dough in sugar, and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.

Flatten the dough making a criss-cross pattern with the tines of the fork.

Bake at 350 for 9-12 minutes or until just golden brown. Remove to a cooling grid to cool.

Peanut butter cookies, in general, don't keep well at room temperature. If the cookies won't be eaten in 1-2 days, keep extras in the freezer. They'll taste better for longer that way.

Click the Links Below to See:
Homemade Peanut Butter Cup Brownies
Monster Cookies Recipe
Chocolate Recipes

Enter your email address below to receive the latest recipes, tips and ideas in your email inbox:


Delivered by FeedBurner

1 comment:

  1. My friend just told me about your blog. It looks great. I'm a big follower of "Cooking With Mr. C." on Facebook, which is also a blog. I now have the two of you to check out.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete

Please note that comments containing profanity or those that are spam will not be approved on this website.