Friday, November 25, 2011

How to Store Decorated Cookies

Decorated cookies are precious. They take a lot of time to get just the way you want them. So, storing them the right way is really important to me. Here's what I've found works best for my cookies.

What You Need:
Good, airtight container that seals well
Parchment paper
Totally dried decorated cookies

*Note to explain the scary squirrels: We have an albino squirrel who lives in our yard. His name is Albert. My kids love him, so they needed to make white squirrel cookies to look like Albert. (And no, he didn't tell us his name was Albert, we just call him that.)

I try to fit the cookies into my container with a little space between them so that they don't get crunched if someone (me) is digging through for the just right one.

I layer parchment paper between the cookies. I prefer parchment paper to waxed paper because on the occasion that a small bit of icing hasn't dried, parchment is more forgiving than waxed. And I try to never stack the cookies one on top of the other, because sometimes that can make funny marks, or end up with a cookie sandwich.

Just keep on layering. Now, you may remember when I made these cookies, I posted that my black icing wasn't drying so well. Well, that's why you see the black cookies on the top. They were still tacky. But they did eventually dry... even in an airtight container. By putting them on the top, I kept the other cookies pretty, too.

That's it. Easy Peasy. They usually keep for a good week or so in an airtight container.

Enter your email address below to receive the latest recipes, tips and ideas in your email inbox:


Delivered by FeedBurner

And don't forget, if you shop at Amazon.com through my link, you support this blog and its contents. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that comments containing profanity or those that are spam will not be approved on this website.