Monday, September 10, 2012

S'Mores Cupcakes

The first time I made cupcakes like these was for a wedding. It's the one and only wedding I've ever made cake/cupcakes for. It's too stressful for me. But these cupcakes are so, so yummy. Not stressful at all.

The recipe for these cupcakes is the same as you see on the S'Mores Cake Recipe post. In the interest of not repeating myself too much, I'm going to let you link back to that for the recipes and how-to. (Let me know in the comments if you'd rather I just post the whole recipe here. I never know which is the better way to go??)

What You Need:
S'Mores Cake Recipe -
Milk Chocolate Cake Recipe*
Marshmallow Frosting
Graham Cracker Crust
Hershey segments for decorating
Graham Cracker segments for decorating
*Note: You could also use a doctored chocolate cake mix if you want to save a step.

Preheat the oven to 350-degrees (F), and prepare cupcake pan(s) with liners for 2 dozen cupcakes.
** You may want to use "greaseproof" or the sliver liners so that you can't see the grease from the crust."

Make the graham cracker crust. Scoop about 1 Tbsp. into each cupcake. Using a small glass (I've found a Mizzou shot glass to work best- but any shot glass would probably work), compact the crumbs into a crust.

Scoop a scant 1/4 cup of chocolate cake batter into the cupcake liners over the crust. Remember that the crust takes up a little extra space, so use a little less batter than you usually do.

Bake at 350-degrees for 15-18 minutes. Remove from the oven to cool on a cooling grid.

When the cupcakes are cool, use a pastry tip (I used #1M here), to pipe the marshmallow icing on top of the cupcakes. Use a kitchen torch or the broiler to toast the tops of the icing.
*Note #1: You can see that the icing was a little soupy. That's because I let it sit for a few hours before piping it. Don't do that. Whip the icing shortly before you pipe it.
**Note #2: The broiler works perfectly for these cupcakes. (I have a picture somewhere that shows my nephews and me sitting, staring at the oven, waiting for the cupcakes to toast on my sister's birthday. I love that picture!)
***Note #3: Click the link to see my tutorial on making a cupcake swirl.

You can either serve the cupcakes like this. I think they look elegant.

Or you can add the Hershey's and graham crackers.
One note about the graham crackers, they will get mushy after a few hours, so don't add them if you're not serving the cupcakes right away-- or just warn people.

Click the Links Below to See:
S'Mores Cake Recipe
Other Cupcake Ideas and Recipes
Other Chocolate Ideas and Recipes

Enter your email address below to receive the latest recipes, tips and ideas in your email inbox:


Delivered by FeedBurner

And don't forget, if you shop at Amazon.com through my link, you support this blog and its contents. Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. I want to make these cupcakes for a family party but I have a few questions. Will the frosting hold up ok if they travel in a car for 4 hours? Can I make the frosting the night before I frost the cupcakes? What is the best way to store these cupcakes for the weekend?

    ReplyDelete

Please note that comments containing profanity or those that are spam will not be approved on this website.