Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Spring in Minnesota Cookies

It's the first day of spring. And here in Minnesota, the high is not even 20-degrees. Instead of tulips and daffodils, we look like a giant snow globe... still.
I'm not too happy about this.

Let me explain, (with cookies) what it's like to experience winter in Minne-snow-ta.

November/December
This is how we feel in November and December. Winter's here. Snow is pretty. The kids love sledding, snowmen. It's all good. We can do this!

January
January comes, usually the coldest time of year, it's dark all of the time. We're growing a bit weary of the cabin fever and the three hours it takes to get dressed to go outside. But it's not too bad. Surely it will be over soon.

February/March/April
And then you have now. March 20. The first day of spring. More than a foot of snow still on the ground. Folks, I'm done! And honestly, when it stretches in to April, the words I use then shouldn't be on a family-friendly website.

To be fair, I grew up in Texas and Missouri. This winter nonsense kills me by about the second flake of snow. I've been here now for six winters. We'll see if I make it to number seven!

Click the Links Below to See:
Vanilla Sugar Cookie Recipe
Royal Icing Recipe
Real Spring Decorating Ideas

Enter your email address below to receive the latest recipes, tips and ideas in your email inbox:


Delivered by FeedBurner

And don't forget, if you shop at Amazon.com through my link, you support this blog and its contents. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that comments containing profanity or those that are spam will not be approved on this website.