Friday, July 19, 2013

Game Night Cookies

Super simple cookies made for a 'Game Night' at my kids' school. Three colors of icing, if you count the white. Can't beat that!

What You Need:
Roll-Out Cookie Dough
   (I used both my Chocolate Sugar Cookie & Vanilla Sugar Cookie Recipes)
Royal Icing
Red & Black Food Coloring
Ruler & Knife (or pastry wheel)


The playing cards, I made true playing card dimension, 2.5" x 3.5". And I made the dominoes the same width, 2.5", but cut them at about .75" tall.
*Note: You probably want to bake the big and small cookies on separate baking sheets. The dominoes may take about 8-10 minutes, where the cards take about 10-12 minutes.

Decorating the cookies is simple, outline and flood with white icing. (See my tutorial on icing consistencies here.)
I used a Tip #2 for the dominoes, and for the letters on the cards. I used Tip #12 for the Heart, Spade, Club, and Diamond on the playing cards.

They were a big hit, and really easy to do.

Click the Links Below to See:
My Recipe Index (includes these cookie & icing recipes)
Other Basic Cookie/Cake/Cupcake Ideas
More Cookie Decorating Ideas

Enter your email address below to receive the latest recipes, tips and ideas in your email inbox:


Delivered by FeedBurner

2 comments:

  1. I'm ready for game night to begin right now! :) Thank you for this fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow these are brilliant! You've actually inspired me to put them on a gamers cake, add cookies to give it a little bit extra! Love these! xx

    ReplyDelete

Please note that comments containing profanity or those that are spam will not be approved on this website.