Thursday, January 17, 2013

A-B-C and 1-2-3 Cookies

Some simple cookies for you today... presented to a Kindergarten Student Teacher at my boys' school. She is leaving the class this week, and they had a little party to celebrate her.

I used my new Chocolate Sugar Cookie Recipe for these... you know, because who doesn't like chocolate?

I tried to keep these really simple by making just three colors of Royal Icing: red, blue and yellow. (I guess four, if you count white.) I skipped filling any of the cookies with blue, just to help the teachers avoid the blue-icing-mouth.

When I make simple cookies, like these, I like to alternate the outline and filling colors, because I think it just looks better that way.

I then used the outline icing to add the numbers and letters to the top of the icing. Really simple.

Click the Links Below to See:
Chocolate Sugar Cookie Recipe
Royal Icing Recipe
How to Work with Royal Icing
How to Color Icing Tutorial

Enter your email address below to receive the latest recipes, tips and ideas in your email inbox:


Delivered by FeedBurner

And don't forget, if you shop at Amazon.com through my link, you support this blog and its contents. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that comments containing profanity or those that are spam will not be approved on this website.