Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Fireworks Cookies - (If you squint)

You know, sometimes, things turn out great. Just like you plan. Perfect...

And sometimes they don't.

I don't hate the cookies, they just didn't turn out quite as well as the last time I made firework cookies:




See, I had these flower-shaped cookies leftover from a set of awesome peacock cookies I did last week. And I was sure that I could make some pretty great fireworks from them.

I wanted a more blue-grey background than all black. Mostly because of how messy black icing makes your mouth. But also because I felt like it was a little more 'dusky' for a fireworks show.

Then, my other colors just really didn't work out... and I just wasn't feeling it.

So, my 6-year-olds gave it their own try. I think I like these just as much. Next time, I'll just hand over the decorating duties to them!

Maybe I should stick with these Patriotic Cake Pops for the Fourth of July instead??

Click the Links Below to See:
Vanilla Sugar Cookie Recipe
Chocolate Sugar Cookie Recipe
Royal Icing Recipe
Good Fireworks Cookies
Other Cookie Decorating Ideas

Enter your email address below to receive the latest recipes, tips and ideas in your email inbox:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that comments containing profanity or those that are spam will not be approved on this website.