Friday, December 9, 2011

The Season of Baking

I love holiday baking. Sometimes I don't actually love the baking part because it seems like I'm always stressing about how to fit it in around everything else. But I love the rewards of the baking. Eating all of my favorite things. (I will add more photos and links as soon as I get them baked, I promise!)


My Must-Haves:



Sugar Cookies, of course.

Pecan Snowballs (or Russian Tea Cakes)




My Kid-Friendly Baking:



My Newer Additions to Round Out the Cookie Plate:


*Those ideas marked with a * freeze well.

2 comments:

  1. What are your thoughts on using tinted white chocolate instead of royal icing for the sugar cookies? Do you think it would work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that would probably work. It will be harder to keep them super smooth, just because even melted chocolate won't "flow" like the royal icing. But You could make it work. Just be sure you temper the chocolate or use almond bark, though, otherwise, they may not set up well.
    - Beki

    ReplyDelete

Please note that comments containing profanity or those that are spam will not be approved on this website.